Through practical examples, you’ll see how to optimize both design and performance with an eye toward future enhancements and efficient maintenance.
* Starting with the essential principles and techniques of semantic markup, build efficient, responsive web applications based on web standard best practices and real–world experience.
* Apply practical techniques and see how to reuse examples of broadly relevant page components to improve the interface and performance of existing sites.
* Explore ways to push the boundaries of the possible with existing browser technology.
What you“ll learn
* Optimization techniques for high performance in browsers
* How to create richer user interfaces
* Advanced Ajax techniques
* How to optimize graphic performance by drawing in the browser with SVG
* Integrating accessibility into rich web applications
Who is this book for
This book is aimed at web developers and designers who need to improve the user experience of their sites by making their code more efficient and their sites more responsive, and incorporating more complexity all at the same time. It is for Internet professionals ready to go beyond Web 2.0 to a newer, more streamlined vision of rich user experiences.